Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend movie and superbowl ad review

Doug and I don't go to the theater often but this weekend we each saw a movie. Doug was probably the last person, besides me, that has seen Avatar and I saw Dear John.

Avatar: Doug didn't even want to see Avatar but went because he wanted to hang out with my dad. He's not really a sci fi kind of guy but he freakin loved it!!!!!!!!!! He said it was one of the best movies he's ever seen. He tried describing it to me but I guess it's one of those things that you have to see for yourself.

Dear John: For those of you who haven't heard of this one, it is a chick flick. It stars Channing Tatum, who's totally hot and whom I've loved since Step UP. I know I'm a dance dork. Anyway I thought it was going to be a romantic, sweet movie and it ended up being really sad and disappointing. I'd recommend waiting til it comes out on DVD. It had some good parts but for a movie that came out a weekend before Valentine's Day, it didn't make me feel very romantic.

As for the Super Bowl ads, I thought that most of them were disappointing but my fav one was the one where the dog put the shock collar on the guy with the Dorrito's bag. That one had me laughing out loud.

Hope you all had a fun weekend. Go Saints!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews! It's always good to know when a movie's not worth the money. Did Doug see Avatar in 3D?

    ReplyDelete
  2. legoland looked awesome...well almost as awesome as your Barbie cake! now that is amazing:) we saw Avatar too, Daniel liked it more than me...blue people...weird. I think i'm too prego and emotional to handle Dear John at the moment:)

    ReplyDelete