Sunday, February 21, 2010

Daddy's birthday Feb 14th

Doug's birthday is on Valentine's Day and so we haven't celebrated Valentine's Day in about 10 years. It's my fault. Doug's so good to me all year long that I'd rather have a day all about him than get flowers that will die. So this year we went to his parent's house for a small dinner. We had already celebrated with his sister and friends on another date. We ended up having dinner all by ourselves though because his mom went to the ER for some issues with her heart again. She's fine. She just needed another medication. So Doug and I ended up making a dinner we knew nothing about, and if you know us you know that we are NOT good cooks. All the while we were really worried about Doug's mom. We persevered though. Dinner came out great despite our handicap. I spent most of the afternoon decorating Doug's golf bag birthday cake. I think it came out pretty cool. I didn't have all of my stuff with me but I think I made the most of what I had.


Yes Doug really is 34. Ha ha old man.

Some of these posted the wrong direction. Don't really know what happened.


Ethan made the golf ball all by himself. He had a lot of fun doing it.


The cake was covered in buttercream and chocolate fondant. Mmmm, mmmm, good.
Can you also see the silver edible dust I put on the irons?


My man and little men. Happy Birthday baby!

2 comments:

  1. Happy B-day Doug!! That cake is awesome!! I bet it tasted delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday doug! YOu are an amazing cake decorator!

    ReplyDelete