Monday, October 12, 2009

New Cakes!

Ok so these pics printed last to first and for some reason my little post is after all the pics. I'm still learning how to do this blogging stuff. Here is a birthday cake I made for a little girl. This is from the back of cake.


Here's the front obviously. One of these days I'll learn how to edit out the backround of these pics.

This cake was for our first customer. It was a german chocolate cake and she wanted a cape cod, New England kind of feel. So this is what we did.



Yes it says Mommatula!



Me finishing the cake with just minutes to spare. Don't I look lovely? Don't answer that!



So my friend Tina and I are starting a cake and dessert business which is not quite officially started but even so we have already had our first client. We were soooooo nervous but I think it turned out great. It was a huge hit with the family. Can't get any better than when they say it was like the big O for their mouth. Their words, not mine. Who thought I'd be a baker and really enjoy it. Anyway the second cake was for my friend Kelli's daughter Maggie's 6th birthday. I ran into a few snags making this one and it was my first topsy turvy cake that I learned a lot from. I still think it turned out pretty cute. Still can't believe that people actually like my cake. Even more my family is really enjoying all of my practice recipes.











1 comment: