Monday, November 1, 2010

Tests, tests, and more tests


So the latest on my sweet little Blakey is that he has finally reached 20 pounds. Haleluiah!!! I know that is so small, but it took us forever to reach that goal and I was super excited to finally get there. We went and saw a genetecist that we really liked and he filled our heads with all kinds of info. He told us about things I had never heard of before so I was really glad that we decided to go see him. He did the most thorough exam I have ever seen. He measured almost every part of Blake's body, including his pupils. He has ordered some tests to be done and we have to go see a pediatric ophthalmologist in the next two weeks. Yay!!! Heavy sarcasm! Just like the other doctors he didn't see any red flags right away which is good and bad.
Good because we are hoping that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him and that he can get growth hormone therapy and lead a normal life.
Bad because that means more tests.
He did mention a disorder that is extremely rare and said that we wouldn't test for that until we absolutely had to. But from what he said about it, it kinda sounds like Blake. I'm really hoping that it isn't that though. It's something to do with his growth hormone levels being normal but his growth hormone receptors being defective. I'm praying that's not it because it isn't very well studied yet and I don't know how that would effect his hormone therapy. So I'm going to try and not worry about it until I have to. Til next time God bless and I love ya all.

2 comments:

  1. oh i'm so sorry you have to go through all this! and blake too! i love you and keep you in my prayers always! p.s. i was worried bc we took kolbs to the er and naomi in for a cat scan. they're good now though so now i can breath. hopefully you'll be able to breathe soon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep praying! God tells us not to worry remember even the birds don't worry about where their food will come from! God will take care of you and Blake and your whole family! Love you and wished we lived closer to you!

    ReplyDelete