Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ethan's Birthday/Halloween Party

So Ethan's party was a little late this year. Sue me. We were so busy that it got delayed, but I don't think Ethan minded. He thought it was awesome that his birthday party was also a Halloween party. We had all the kids come in their costumes, which was super cute ofcourse. Blake wouldn't wear his so this is the only pic of him in it.

Mom and I made Ethan's bald eagle costume out of felt and a sweat outfit. Thank goodness for Lacey. She gave us the inspiration for it all. Ethan asked me a while ago if he could be a bald eagle for Halloween.
I was like, "Ummm honey, mommy can't buy that and I don't know how to sew."
Ethan's response, "You'll do great mommy. I know you can do it."
Great. Now I have to do it.
He then said, "Just ask Miss Lacey to help you. She can do it."
True.
Miss Lacey is way more talented than I am but I don't think she's going to want to make your costume on top of the other three she's doing for her own kids.
So my mom and I went to work using Miss Lacey's parrot costume as our template. For anyone that doesn't know Lacey, she is my amazing friend and Ethan's best friend's mom.
I was surprised by how well it turned out. I cut out all of the feathers and my mom sewed it all together. Thank goodness for Nana. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
And if you're wondering why Ethan wanted to be a bald eagle, it's because of the eagle sanctuary that we saw at Dollywood in Tennessee on our vacation. He's kind of obsessed with eagles.
This is what it looks like during gift opening. A mass amount of kids all running around and trying to see what he's opening. Definitely not organized chaos. I haven't figured out how to slow down the process or make it more organized yet but who really cares right? Ethan's last present was from his brilliant Aunt Sarah and cousins. His very first pets. Dwarf frogs. They are acutally really cool and come in their own, almost maintenance free, tank. All the kids crowded around to see this one. Their names are Hopper and Good Swimmer. I know, real creative, but that's how Ethan names his stuffed animals. By what they do and look like. He absolutely LOVES them.

Ofcourse it wouldn't be a party without a cake. Blake thought this cake was spoooooky!



We had fun decorating for this party too. Super simple and stuff we already had. Can't get better than that. Thanks to everyone who came. It wouldn't be as special without all of you.

As for my Ethan, here are 5 of the reasons we love you so much

You're so silly and make us laugh every day

You're so loving and cuddly. I love your constant hugs and kisses. Blake will learn to love them too, eventually.

You love to learn and because of that you are soooo smart.

You love adventures as much as we do and are always ready for a new one.

You're always so positive and you lift us up. Thank you!

We love you so, so, so much!

Happy Belated Birthday Baby, I mean Big Boy.

P.S. For all of those non regular bloggers, you can click on the pics to enlarge them and then hit the back arrow to get back to the blog.
Love you


2 comments:

  1. yay! happy belated and happy halloween. love the cotumes! wow a bald eagle! who would've thunk? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costume turned out soooo cute!! And you could tell that he loved it! That Ethan is just too fun. We all had a ball at the party and of course ate your always yummy cake!! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete