Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Moon Cake

This week I made a New Moon cake for my sister in law's sister in law. She loves New Moon and so Sarah wanted to suprise her with a New Moon cake. Her mom wanted to get her a little spring cake with flowers. I'm so glad that Sarah convinced her that Danielle would like the New Moon cake better. I was sick this last week so this cake came down to the wire plus I have a wedding cake to do for Saturday and I'm still working on getting the business started. Ugh!!! So much to do, but it's great! The flower on top and red petal is from the new moon cover, the red ribbon is from the cover of Eclipse, and the bottom tier is inspired by the movie. The crescent moon and spears are straight off the movie cover. I hand painted the background colors and the trees on the bottom tier. Oh and did you notice that the cake sparkles? Yay Team Edward! I'm not really sure why my dad put ivy leaves in the picture but bless his heart he thought it added something. Maybe it did. Once I photo shop it, it might look a little better. Just love dad for doing the pics cuz I suck at it. Thanks dad. Love ya.









3 comments: