Friday, November 6, 2009

The Sugar Mamas Cakery

If you haven't heard, we have come up with a new name for our cake business. It used to be A Slice of Heaven Cakery. It is now The Sugar Mamas Cakery. It's kind of a funny story about how we got that. I was talking to Doug about our repair bill for our car and he was stressed out about paying for it. So I told him not to worry because my cake business was going to make tons of money and that I would be his sugar mama. Aha moment! We both started laughing and said, "That's it! That's the name!" I laughed my butt off and still can't help laughing every time I say it. What do you all think of it?
Here are my latest creations. The margarita cake was for a client and the chocolate one was for my father in law.

This cake is a cream cheese key lime cake.





This cake I was lucky enough to eat. It was a yummy, yummy chocolate cake with a vanilla swiss meringue buttercream and strawberry filling, covered in delicious chocolate ganache. Oh ridiculous. I call it my chocolate lovers cake. It was so delicous that even though my stomach ached from being so full, I had to have another piece. Everyone moaned and groaned when we ate this. Oh how I miss you chocolate cake.


2 comments:

  1. what a perfect name! can you send me a bite of all the cakes you make...you know just so i can sample them and spread your business nationwide:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name!!!! Maybe you can make the cake for Cameron's first birthday? We can talk about that later!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete