Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blake's 2nd Bday party

I had all these plans for a grand party and then quickly let those go, because I was way too busy and he's two. Really? Does he need a big party? He's never going to remember it anyway. I was actually really glad that we kept it really simple. We ordered pizza, got juice boxes for the kids, water bottles for the P's, played outside, and ate cake. No games, no elaborate menu and most importantly, no crazy mom that hasn't slept in a week getting ready for this party. I was kind of sad that the kids couldn't play the rock star video game that I wanted to set up but honestly most of them were too young to play it anyway. So here are some pics of my super relaxed bday party for Blake. I wish I had a pic of me in here so you could see the pure joy on my face that I didn't have a big party.


Blake's cupcakes and cake. The cake was confetti cake with strawberry buttercream. Yumm!!!!!
It was humid and warm so the color mist I used was sweating off the cake. Oh well. At least I tested it on my own cake and not a clients.

Blake blowing out the candles. I had to help him to save everyone from eating his spit. It was so cute though.

Blake having a great time on the trampoline. It is probably his favorite thing to do outside.


These are our friends Cassie and Myles. Myles is only 6 weeks older than Blake and ridiculously cute.
Nana and Poppop Patterson. We love them so much! I can't believe I don't have pics of my own parents. Oh well.

Some of the friends. We are so blessed to have really great friends. Even some of our friends with no kids absolutely love our kids and always come to their parties.

Thanks to everyone who was able to come. We had a great time!






1 comment:

  1. We're so sad to have missed this. You totally should have borrowed Rock Band even if we weren't there - sorry it didn't work out. But it looks like everyone had a blast regardless. Great cake as always!

    ReplyDelete